Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lisa Patton

I attended the reading of Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter by Lisa Patton. It made me feel warm inside when she told us that she was a bed and breakfast owner in Vermont. It immediately reminded me of White Christmas and Christmas in Connecticut. If you haven't seen any of these, than you need to, they are classics. Not only did she make the atmosphere emotional, but she also brought out facts that I did not know. She told us that you cannot bury anything in winter up north, I thought this was interesting since that seems like something that you would know. Her love for her dog also made me think of all the dogs that my family owned that have gone on to a better place. The book seems like a good read, but I'm not in the mood to read that kind of book.

1 comment: