Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What if #14

What if Star Wars did really take place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far way? I loved Star Wars the minute I saw it. It is a mix of supernatural power and futuristic technology. At the same time, it also shows the many different species and ships that make up the Star Wars galaxy. George Lucas and his crew had to be geniuses to meld it all together and make it flow properly. They started with a small back story and it grew to have a rich mix of cultures, technology, supernatural power, and varied species. Not only were the species cool and interesting, but the characters were very well developed by the plot. By the end of a movie, you feel like you can sympathize with them. Almost no one knew what to think of Star Wars right as it came out, and now it is it's own world. It is almost as large of a world as the Lord of the Rings series. As something popular goes through time, it grows as many people put more and more things into it. Some of the random things that added to my love for the Star Wars world were: of course the movies (IV-VI are my favorites/the original trilogy) various videogames (Podracer, Shadows of the Empire, Jedi Knight Series, Clone Wars, the list goes on and on), and the many books made since the first movie was released. If the movies took place a long time ago, then I wonder what the technology would be like now? They had spaceships and lightsabers for crying out loud, there's no telling what kind of cool inventions they have had since then. The Star Wars world will always be a fun part of my childhood that I can look back and still feel the same excitement I did back then.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to think about what the technology would be like today if we began with "Star Wars" technology. I have never seen the Star Wars seriesa and I have no desire to see them. :)

    ReplyDelete