Monday, March 8, 2010

Outside Event #1

This particular event was a speaker talking about the importance of arguments and its components. They tested a group of students on their understanding of the concepts of an argument and compared their results. The results were very interesting. The speaker was a woman from another college who was an expert on the subject. She made up a curriculum to teach the students how to better understand the arguments and its parts. The whole thing made me feel awkward because she was talking about the material like everyone should know about it, and I was partially lost throughout the presentation. The other thing that made me feel awkward was the fact that, other than Casey and Jessica, I was the only person in the room that was under the age of 25 (a guess). There was one student and one professor that asked all the questions throughout the presentation. There were moments where we all laughed and the presentation was very well though out. The data made sense and was well put together. The presentation made me think of how much I don't know about arguments and their importance in every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment