Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What If #5










What if I had a super car? Which one would I pick? At the moment, the Ferrari F430 and the Lamborghini Gallardo come to mind. What car would you have? There are so many choices when it comes to very nice cars. These include: Dodge Viper SRT-10, Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Murcielago or Gallardo, Buggati Veyron, SC Ultimate Aero, Audi R8, Porsche 911 or GT series, Mercedes McLaren SLR 722, Pagani Zonda, Aston Martin Vanquish, the list goes on and on. But my dream car has to be the Lamborghini Gallardo. The Gallardo may not be the most expensive of the list, but it would have to be the most fun to drive. The thrill of going almost 200mph down streets in a Lamborghini instead of 45mph in my Honda Civic would be crazy. The Gallardo would cost about $220,000 with the e-gear, carbon ceramic brakes, navigation, and other options. This car will drain your wallet, but that is why it is called a dream car, money isn't in issue in your dreams. Driving a super car would be tons of fun, but if I had a choice, I would rather have a fighter jet. But that is another dream. The Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4, the current model of Gallardo, sports a 5.2L V10 direct injected power plant that provides 552 horsepower and 398 foot pounds of torque. The Gallardo can reach from 0 to 62mph in 3.7 seconds and 120mph in 11.8 seconds. I have no idea where I could take advantage of all that horsepower, because there are not many straight roads around Memphis that aren't patrolled by cops or are way too busy at all times. Just the looks of the car alone is enough to make me want to buy one. If I ever have a few hundred thousand bucks laying around, I'll be sure to go pick one up, preferably a black one.

No comments:

Post a Comment