Monday, March 1, 2010

What If #4

What if the periodic table made any sense? It might be much easier to read. Why does Primo Levi constantly compare fascism to chemistry? The guy cannot seem to keep writing on one thing for a whole chapter. His language seems very loaded and the words only seem to confuse me even further. It would be more interesting and easier to understand if half the book wasn't written in Hebrew. I like the plot so far, it is just that he cannot keep it going, I understand what he is getting at but I have to sit down and decipher each page. I can normally read about 50 pages in an hour, but I have been reading this book for almost 3 days, and I'm still on page 65. I have great respect for Primo Levi and have empathy for him and what he had to go through, but I have to say that I am not enjoying this book so far. I can only hope it gets better as I read further. Did anybody else make any sense out of the first ten pages of the book? There are just too many people and Hebrew words to keep up with. This book is going to be very difficult to finish reading by the fourth. I do not know how I am going to do it, but I will push on.

1 comment:

  1. What if the periodic table was omitted from the reading list! It would be amazing. I can't stand reading the book. Push on; push on!

    ReplyDelete