Monday, March 8, 2010

What If #7

What if I didn't sprain my ankle 2 hours into spring break? I might be out doing something instead of dragging my foot everywhere. My injury came about due to my friend’s basketball goal being located next to a hill. The hill starts at the far edge of his driveway and there is a small plastic wall sticking out of the ground to stop erosion onto his driveway. I went in for a layup and came down onto the plastic piece; my foot rolled and then hit the concrete. All of about 180 pounds plus gravity fell on my then completely sideways ankle. Needless to say, I could not walk for about a day, and it still effects me almost 3 days later. Luckily for me, it is spring break and I did not have an trips planned, so I have plenty of time to heal. It just sucks when you are looking forward to freedom for the weekend and you screw it all up. My week is going to be spent working on English and Chemistry homework. I want to get my homework out of the way so I can enjoy my spring break and be able to study for my biology test on Tuesday. I still enjoyed my weekend with my friends; I just could not run anywhere. I had to wobble everywhere we went and I slowed us all down. After the accident when I could not walk, I began to truly appreciate the drive-thru at fast food restaurants, they saved my life! This also made me think of all those who cannot walk at all, it would make me very depressed to never be able to walk again, to deal with the pain forever… I would not be able to take it, but I am healing and will be able to run around in a day or so, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment