Saturday, September 12, 2009

My new blog post will be about my new season as a soccer referee at Germantown Baptist Church. Today I got the privilege to referee three Kindergarten through First Grade Co Ed games. It's really nice when you can make $60 from three games in about 4 hours, but it is also enjoyable to watch the young kids run after the ball and even kick it into their own goal. The latter actual happened today to a young boy who became confused during the excitement near his goal area and kicked the ball into his own goal. I felt very sorry for him, but I had to give the goal to the other team. Anyway, I enjoy reffing these and will continue to do so as long as I am paid.

3 comments:

  1. My brother did that (scoring for the other team) when he was about six. He's never lived it down in the 31 years since. I love the way those kids look in knee pads and jerseys. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think being a soccer referee is very fun, I also was a referee for DeSoto Central Elementary School. I think it's very exciting to see the kids play and to see how much potential they have at an early age. Soccer has just always been a passion of mine.

    ReplyDelete