Sunday, October 18, 2009

Armageddon

I just finished watching Armageddon, this movie was amazing. It made me realize how much I wanted to fly or even see a shuttle takeoff. The amount of power that the solid rocket boosters gives off is about 2.8 million foot pounds of thrust, that is simply amazing to me. I've always been interested in space travel, but I knew I would never make it do to my eyesight. The science behind it all is what makes it so interesting to me. All of the gravitational forces, pressures, structure composition, and all the physics behind space travel are just plain cool in my opinion. Apollo 13 is an amazing movie to watch if you like realistic space travel.

2 comments:

  1. The concept of flying is definitely fascinating. It is kind of puzzling to think about how somebody solved how to overcome gravity- in a sense. Sorry, Bobby, I wish you could fly, but you don't quite qualify in the 20/20 range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont feel bad, i dont have perfect vision either. I have always wanted to go to space just to look at how the earth and stars and other planets look like from up there.

    ReplyDelete