Thursday, October 1, 2009

McCarthy

Mike Mccarthy is an example of a man who followed what he wanted to do and ended up finding a career in what he loved. He was very intellectual and he really pounded it on us that we live in a city that started rock and roll. He also stated that true pop culture died in 1977 when Elvis passed away. His main point was to tell us to find what makes you unique and push it and create from it. Don't be afraid and just chase what you want. Oh yeah, he also told us to drop out of school... But I don't know if I will do that, I'm just a horrible writer and I use my creativity differently. I'm not artistic at all, but whatever, that's why I'm a biology major.

2 comments:

  1. What I thought was cool about him was that he was doing what he loved. He told us that he made a very modest living but didn't mind because he truly enjoyed his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad that y'all got it. That was my hope.

    ReplyDelete