Monday, October 26, 2009

indoor follies

So today I had my first indoor game. This is a follow up of my last indoor blog post. The team that we played had almost 15 members, most of which were seniors and two were actually UofM soccer players. Having varsity players on the intramural team is not allowed, but apparently the player in question had recently "quit" the soccer team. Yeah, right. Only 4 players showed up and we played our hardest but to no avail. The conditioning of our team was poor and they wore us out pretty quickly into the game. The final score ended up being 12-2 with a mercy rule coming into effect after 5 minutes into the 2nd half. The mercy rule was 10 goals up, they reached it rather quickly. I was very angry about only 4 players showing up when my roster is filled with over 15 names, but that just goes to show how much freakin homework is being given. Whatever, more people will show next time and we will have subs so we don't tire out so quick.

1 comment:

  1. I need to start running more because I got tired really fast. I think tonight will be better and we have a better chance of winning. I also hope more people show up too, because last time 4 people just did not work out in our favor at all.

    ReplyDelete