Monday, October 12, 2009

Music

I am an avid music listener. I like to listen to anything from rap to hard rock, everything but country. I do not know what it is about country music, but I am not a fan. Maybe I just need to listen to it a lot like I did with rap. At first I hated rap and would never listen to it, but after being forced to listen to it when I uang around a friend who listened to it constantly, I became a fan of the beat and bass. It is fun to get pumped to hard rock or rap before I do any work or sports, just like the soldiers in Iraq from the excerpt on the main blog a couple of weeks ago. Some of the bands I am listening to currently are Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Cult, Faktion, The Guess Who, Incubus, Jimi Hendrix, Molly Hatchet, O.A.R., Rush, Steve Miller, Three Days Grace, Van Halen, The Who, and .38 Special. Those are only a few of the many that I listen to, but they are my current favorites.

7 comments:

  1. I used to always listen to like some hard rock or metal before a soccer game. It definetly pumps you up. I like to listen to some country though. The thing I like most about country are probably the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not a huge country music listener but everyone I have talked to can identify with the lyrics of country songs. I dont like some of them because they are just complaining about what has happened. Females' country songs are even worse in my opinion. I have not heard one yet that is not about their boyfriend cheating on them, or about a boy that they like or something stupid like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Country music usually holds a hidden meaning. It can appeal to everyone in a different way. That's what I think about it. Peter, it sounds like you've only listened to like Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift, because that's their main themes. But Reba McEntire has some good songs that aren't about that. =]. Y'all should listen to the lyrics, not necessarily just the music and the beat. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to be the exact same way. I use to hate rap until I started listening to it because of most of my friends always had it playing. Since then, I listen to rap all the time probably more than any other type of music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love music. I can’t literally say that music is my life. I listen to every kind of music. Country is pretty cool. Every country song tells a story to me. I listen to music with everything I do. Every time I have a chance I'm listening to music and if I’m not listening then I'm singing it or have a song in my head. I have blog about my music experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, my name is Michael and I also despise country music. I prefer hip-hop, old rap, rock and some heavy metal. Recently my friend turned me on to music from Japan. My favorite artist currently is Lupe Fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love music. It really soothes the mind. I'm taking a music class and we are listening to Renaissance and Baroque era music. I think that's pretty cool and boring sometimes.

    ReplyDelete