Monday, November 2, 2009

english movie

The movie we watched in English was about the genetic diversity of humans today and where we originated from. The area that we originated from was central Africa. From there we spread and eventually became diverse through many years of being separated in different climates. The climates shaped our bodies to what we needed to survive. In the movie, a geneticist was walking through a fair in Queens where he took DNA samples from random people who were willing to give up their DNA. What mad that place so amazing was the mix of peoples from all over the world. What was even more interesting was finding out where all of these people originated. This all was accomplished through looking at specific genes and finding the signs that led the scientists to be able to tell where they came from. The movie makes me want to find out who my ancestors are and where my genes originated. I don't care as much for the origination part as much as I would like to find out who my recent ancestors are.

No comments:

Post a Comment