Monday, November 30, 2009

HDTV - Black Friday

On Black Friday, I went out to Costco and bought an HDTV. The decision took a large amount of research and time. It was not the TV I was originally looking at. The TV I was originally looking at was the Sony XBR at Best Buy, but the price went up $100 before I could purchase it. This changed my mind since I could buy an HDTV from Costco for less money that was 5" bigger than the XBR. I ended up purchasing the Vizio XVT 37". It supports full 1080p with a 120Hz processor for smoother operation. On top of all that it has Smooth Motion Technology, a 50,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, and it is only 2.2" thick. This thing is super thin and I had no problem finding a way to fit in the place of my old CRT model. Another amazing thing the HDTV companies have accomplished is how much lighter the TV's are getting now. My old TV required two people to lift and move, my new TV could be carried by only one person while still in the box. The picture is absolutely beautiful and now I can watch HD in my room as well as play my xbox 360 in full HD without having to hook it up to my HDTV in the playroom. I hope this TV lasts me a long time because I plan on putting in my dorm room when I move into the honors dorm after it opens in the fall of 2010.

2 comments:

  1. We have a Vizio flat screen tv. It's nice. =]. It's good you found a bigger tv for less money. That always makes people happy. =]. I'm sure it'll last you until the fall of 2010, especially since it's less than a year away. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude yes. thats the tv i have and i could not be happier with m purchase. Costo sells tvs for super cheap anyways and the black friday discount must have made it even more affordable.

    ReplyDelete